Viral Post

Are people who work at the DMV usually rude/mean?

I never took drivers ed, so I got my permit at the DMV when I was 15 and a half. Then again when it expired and I still wasn't ready for the test...and once more a few years later when I thought I was ready to learn again.

​

I have terrible anxiety, and tbh no motivation to drive in the past. I drove enough to learn how but I still need to get comfortable. It's the other people on the road that scare me. When I had my permit before, there were too many times a crazy driver almost hit me and made my anxiety worse.

​

Anyway, now I'm 24 and no longer working with my dad so I need to drive to get a job. I'm just really worried they're going to make me feel shameful and uncomfortable because this is my 4th time getting my permit. Last time I went the lady was really condescending and said "we don't just give these out to everyone ya know" (which uhm..yes they do?).

​

My anxiety in general and that one experience with that lady has put me off from getting it again. I feel like I have a little more motivation now so while it will be hard, I'm willing to push through and get behind the wheel again.

​

Sorry for such a long winded explanation. I'm just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience? Did I just encounter the one rude person that works at my DMV or should I expect them to treat me that way since I've had to get it so many times?



Submitted January 28, 2019 at 05:30AM by lumosnox13 http://bit.ly/2UnPAuM
Share:

Blog Archive

Labels