Viral Post

Can Anyone Give Me an Opinion On What Age I Should Set My Characters?

Hi Reddit, I’m a writer (not famous yet though!) and I’ve been inspired about a new piece to start working on. Sorry I’m not going to go into details but I’m a bit confused about what age to set my two protagonists. I was either thinking about 12 and 16 or either 15 ,16, and early 20’s. It’s the one thing that has me in a twist, this is going to be a fantasy book mostly aimed for young adults to adults and I just don’t know what the best choice would be. I keep thinking maybe the 15 and early 20’s would be the best, it would definitely allow me to explore more adult themes in the book. But at the same time I can’t help but want to strongly go with the 12 and 16 option; with the one character set at 12 I know I have to draw a line but would that be such a bad thing? After all look at what Gorge Martin did with (probably going to spell this wrong) Arya Stark, she was a little girl in an adult book going through some pretty hairy stuff. Anyway thank you in advance for your reply’s, you’re opinion is much appreciated!



Submitted December 01, 2018 at 09:18AM by LordPenDragon07 https://ift.tt/2ShZpt0
Share:

Blog Archive

Labels