Viral Post

Is there a term for this behavior related to anger?

A parent of mine has thing this where if she's angry, she'll do things that "let's everyone know" that she's angry. This has been going on throughout my childhood and continues to happen now when I'm around (I'm almost thirty). Especially after an argument or disagreement with someone, she'll be very loud while doing things, for example:

- tossing things around

- clanking dishes together not being careful about not breaking them (she has cracked dishes this way)

- slamming doors (bedroom, cabinet, refrigerator)

- loudly talking to herself about the person she's angry at and is usually cursing

- bumping into people that are in the vicinity/shared space on multiple occasion until they leave the space

- doing things to the person she is angry at that she knows will anger them (barging into a room and exiting without closing the door or turning off the light, turning on/turning up the volume on the tv while someone working)

I want to say it's passive aggressive behavior but i'm not sure. And if anyone else has experienced something similar to this, how do you deal with it?

(If there is a specific subreddit that can answer this better, I would appreciate being directed to it)



Submitted February 04, 2019 at 10:08AM by HEAVYxxMETALxxNINJA http://bit.ly/2BjdD70
Share:

Blog Archive

Labels